Fresno Residents, do you have questions about smoke?
Here are some Smoke and Soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and the upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, while seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The soot sticks to the walls and anything it lands on.
- The smell sticks to soft goods; like curtains, furniture and clothes
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Did you know there are Different Types of Smoke!
There are different types of smoke–wet, dry and protein. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire as well. We begin the restoration process with a test of the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. Cleaning procedures will be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some information on the different types of smoke:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action. Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call SERVPRO of Fresno Southeast Today – 559-453-3336